The Deathly Callous
Harry Potter 7 is now out. So?
I was never curious about Harry Potter. For some reason or so ever since the first book went to circulation and the first movie which happened to a blockbuster hit a couple of years ago, I did not feel a sense of responsibility or whatsoever to know what the commotion was all about. I am very proud to say that I haven’t seen any of the HP movies, and haven’t read any of the seven books. I am a happy citizen for I am spared of the problems incurred during the brain tweaking process. There’s no need to contemplate answers for inundated questions, viz. Who’s going to kick the bucket in the last series? Why did J.K. Rowling vanquish (put name of character here)? What is her intention in doing so? Why? Why not? What happened to Voldemort’s nose if that would be called a nose to being with? Why are people so engrossed with a bunch of witches? Technically we have our own adaptation of witches here, although they don’t look so aesthetically sound, but then both versions do witchcraft, so why choose the imported and good-looking (I reviewed this question over, and suddenly I realized the most logical answer for this.)? If Harry dies, are we expecting liberation of thoughts from most HP barmy fanatics? If he doesn’t, will there be an eighth book? A ninth? What about a tenth? If J.K. Rowling dies, who will get the grand royalties from her books and movies? If she doesn’t, is it a big deal?
While the whole world rejoices at the height of this trend, I am expecting the following to take place.
- Harry Potter mall tours, provided the event coordinators could persuade the whole cast of HP, which equates to vast sums of greenbacks
- Harry Potter look-alike contests in Eat Bulaga
- Harry Potter merchandises featuring the limited edition close-up of Voldemort’s nose
- Harry Potter costume party – tops, for it happened in
- Harry Potter signature eyeglasses
- Harry Potter undergarments
- If LG has Prada, and Motorola has Dolce e Gabbana, I surmise Nokia will have the Harry Potter (HP) series
- Harry Potter Bar and Restaurant along Tomas Morato
- Limited edition Havaianas Hava-HP series
- Harry Potter Musical
- The Best of Harry Potter compilation CD
- Idiot’s Guide to Understanding Harry Potter
- Apple iPotter, the successor of the iPod
- Starbucks HarRonMione Blended Frappuccino. The taste, I absolutely have no idea.
- Official Harry Potter and the Gobbler of Fire, Brimstone, and Scorpions fans’ club
Ignorance is bliss. What does not kill me makes me stronger.